Monday, July 26, 2010

YakMovies: The Sorcerer's Apprentice review
I went to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice on Sunday with my team of yaksters and I didn't regret it. Actually, the plan was suppose to go and watch Inception but it was fully booked for all shows. Guess I just have to wait for the DVD to be released either that I will resort to cetak rompak.

Let me tell you one thing, I didn't know Nicolas Cage is in The Sorcerer's Apprentice if not I would have not choose to watch the movie because I never really liked any of the movie he starred in. However, he has proven me otherwise in this show. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people in the theather for The Sorcerer's Apprentice even with Inception and Eclipse around.

I was a bit dissapointed  in the beginning because I saw Nicolas Cage but as the show progressed I was more immersed into the show. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is another of Disney's fantasy movie with a lot of graphics. The story line is original but with just one similar scene from one of Disney's Classic, Cinderella.

The movie is mainly about Balthazar Blake turning Dave Stutler into the prime millenium to fight the evil Mogana which wants to destroy the world. Alright, I have to admit that it is somehow always someone saving the world by destroying the person who wants to eliminate mankind. I wonder when would someone come up with a movie that the world was destroyed? However, the movie is still fun to watch. I have to admit that I was amazed by Nicolas Cage's performance and he looks really good in the movie eventhough it is obvious that he is no longer in his National Treasure days.

Besides that, have I mentioned that Kristen Stewart has an opponent? The lead actress, Teresa Palmer acting as Becky Barnes has slight similar face features as Kristen Stewart but with more emotions and 'life' in her. I actually prefer Teresa Palmer's acting compared to Kristen Stewart. However, some people would defend that Kristen Stewart is just too absorbed into her character, Bella Swan and that is the reason for her emotionless and lifeless portrayal. I guess that topic can be debated in different point of views.

Back to the movie, I strongly recommend you to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice if you have not watch Inception. Do keep in mind that if you have already watched Inception you might find The Sorceror's Apprentice very boring and not up to standard. Which I don't really agree with since I have not watch Inception just yet so for the time being I think The Sorcerer's Apprentice is another good movie from Disney.

A few reasons why you should watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice:
1) You love fantasy movies
2) You want to witness cool graphics
3) You like humour with a tinge of romance
4) You couldn't get tickets for Inception or Despicable me (just like me)
or.............
5) You just LOVE Nicolas Cage

YakRating: 8/10
(deducted points for the scene that reminded me of Cinderella)

The Sorcerer's Apprentice trailer




Although Nicolas Cage is not as young as he was in National Treasure. I prefer him now compared to last time. Just something to share. I was telling my friends how I couldn't believe Nicolas Cage has aged and all of them gave me a lifted eyebrow expression.

Our conversation,
Amy: "Nice movie, right? I don't believe Nicolas Cage is so old already!"
Mahirah and Anarrin: "Nicolas Cage?????" *confused*
Amy: "Yeah, Nicolas Cage....he is so old now compared to last time!"
Mahirah and Anarrin: "You mean the one that acted in National Treasure?"
Amy: *huh?* "Yeah! Nicolas Cage!!!"
Mahirah and Anarrin: "Was he in the movie????"
Amy: *what??!?!?!?!?* "Yeah, Balthazar is Nicolas Cage"
Mahirah and Anarrin: *shock* "What!!!! You mean he is Nicolas Cage"
Amy: *checking if they know who is even Nicolas Cage* "You guys know Nicolas Cage, right? The one that acted in Ghost Rider"
Mahirah and Anarrin: "You mean Ghost rider is Nicolas Cage????"
Amy: *speechless already* "Yes, he is Nicolas Cage......"
Mahirah and Anarrin: "Oh my goodness, he is so old!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


I have entertaining yakster(s) that I simply adore. They are so cute. While we were talking about Nicolas Cage, Aishah was enjoying her chocolate smoothie and Tracy was twitting. I wonder what Tracy was twitting about? I wonder if it was something like this: A bunch of 'kiasu' teenagers talking about Nicolas Cage =.='

0 comments:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Facebook Page