Sunday, April 17, 2011


Hey everyone,

On Saturday, which was just yesterday I went for a photo walk organized by The Star R.A.G.E. I was not suppose to go actually because I felt awfully unwell but it was something I looked forward to the whole week. Not to mention my dad was so angry about my sense of direction the night before because I got lost on the way home and he lectured about me not going to be driving for a long time to come. So I will not be driving anytime soon, good for me, nobody ask me to be so blur that night.

Anyway this topic about me and my sense of direction shall be on my personal blog. Let me tell you about the photo walk. One word, it was; awesome! This photo walk was organized by The Star R.A.G.E which can be found in The Star newspaper every Wednesday. Our mentors on that day was Jason Lioh; http://jasonmumbles.com/, Jason Goh; http://www.smashpop.net/, Huey Yoong; http://hueyyoong.com/ and Robin Wong; http://robinwong.blogspot.com/. Ivy Soon and Sharmila Nair from R.A.G.E was there as well.

Everyone gathered at the Pudu LRT station at 9a.m. I was surprised to meet an AIESECer there! Well to be honest, I did not recognize her, she recognized me. It was Jamin and I am really embarrassed because only that night I was sitting in Old Town with her and yesterday morning I could not even recognize her. Maybe my head was really not functioning properly. Jamin was there and I also met Phyllis, my BRATs junior from Charlie's batch. She is a very nice person!

We were separated into three groups, my mentor was Jason Goh, the founder of smashpop.net. He has an amazing personality and super friendly. The weather was really generous to us that morning, it started to drizzle right when we were heading to the Pudu market. We started to fire our shutters away even before we reach the market.


However, do not take the road sign from such a distance that nobody is able to see what that road sign is about. Make it a macro shot and allow something to be read from the road sign.


Here is a funny thing about street photography, it is like a risk game you have to play along with. If you find someone sitting down at the road side just take a picture. If that person look harmless, take the picture and pretend nothing happened. If that person look like you are going to be beaten up by, take a picture and run. No wonder they asked us to wear comfortable shoes and all of use came in sport shoes. Now I understand. Anyway, this uncle was sitting at the road pavement.

We sat down one by one next to him pretending we were just sitting down next to him but we were taking pictures. We were laughing among ourselves and he was giving us the stare occasionally. He left, we left, no one ran. So we finally made our way to the Pudu market and the weather was being extra nice to us so it started to rain. Rain or sunshine, the photo walk is on so off we went to take more pictures. Rule number one, if you want to take picture at Pudu market, be careful because you will certainly have to run if you take pictures of the wrong people.



In my opinion, compact cameras also known as digital cameras are equipped with wonderful functions now a days. It can take pictures as good as any DSLR cameras. Trust me, I am not kidding. For example, a DSLR camera like my Nikon with basic lens kit cannot zoom as far as a compact camera unless I switch to a lens that can go up to 300mm. Point proven, do not argue. It is the skill that matter most. Believe in your own skills.

Alright this post is getting a bit too long. If you want to hear more about our photo walk with The Star R.A.G.E do look out for it in the newspaper on Wednesday. Pictures will be published. I am not sure if any of mine would be published though. First of all, I did not do really well that day. I was really disappointed with my performance. My shutter speed, aperture, focus point and ISO speed was all messed up.

Going through my pictures was painful this time compared to the KL Tower concert night which I have not blogged about yet. I will do that soon after this post. Anyway, I have a few pictures I will send in which I have not uploaded it here yet which I might if it does not appear on Wednesday. So for now, just a few more random pictures I took that day.



Okay, last picture.

So this the amazing photo walk I was looking forward to. It was awesome but could have been better if I could have just got myself together and take better pictures. Next photo walk anyone? I am planning to go to the Bird Park in Putrajaya one weekend. Who is up for that?

0 comments:

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Facebook Page